My Google Earth





Wednesday, May 14, 2014

KIVA: Meet the Lisbon Group


This is the Lisbon Group. In specific I am loaning to Zainabu, who is the woman on the right. She is in her early 50's, and has three kids. Two of her kids are in school and the other (pictured above) is not in school. She wanted to loan so she could buy hair products and cosmetics to sell.

I decided to give my loan to her because of all businesses you'd expect in a place like Tanzania is a place where they get hair products. Secondly, in her Kiva description it said, "She dreams of becoming successful in life." This is what really made me want to loan to her,  because she has three kids to take care of yet she still hopes to become successful herself, which I admire. I hope she is able to be successful and continue to care for her kids.

No comments: